Medicines for Listed Organisations (MLO)
Organisations today are not fully prepared to ensure the safety and well being of all staff members. The medicines for listed organisations takes a step toward improving that safety.
Organisations can now legally store and administer certain medicines in an emergency such as Epinephrine, Glucagon, Glycerol trinitrate, Salbutamol inhaler, Naloxone hydrochloride and Medical gas mixture of 50% nitrous oxide and 50% oxygen.
Each organisation looking to be a part of the MLO programme will be required to register with the HPRA and have a number of their staff trained in the administration of the individual medicines. Hibernian Healthcare are on hand to support your company should you wish to make use of the Medicines for Listed Organisations programme.
The medicines covered by the MLO programme are listed below:
- Epinephrine (Adrenaline). The administration of epinephrine (adrenaline) for the emergency treatment of adults and children (< 16 years old) with anaphylaxis (anaphylactic shock).
- Salbutamol. The administration of Salbutamol for emergency treatment of adults and children (< 16 years) with an acute asthma attack.
- Naloxone. The administration of Naloxone for the emergency treatment of adults with respiratory depression secondary to known or suspected narcotic overdose.
- Glucagon. The administration of Glucagon of emergency treatment of adults and children (<16 years old) with hypoglycaemia (Diabetic emergency)
- GTN. The administration of GTN for emergency treatment of severe angina which can lead to cardiac arrest.
You can read more about the Medicines for Listed Organisations on the HPRA website here.
You can contact us to find out more here.