Course Title: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Course Duration: 6 hours
Course Aims: This course is specifically designed for healthcare professionals working in a hospital or communitysetting. Strong emphasis is placed on anatomy and physiology and on scientific rationale for actions and recommendations in the event of resuscitation.
- CPR – Adult and Paediatric.
- Ventilation with a barrier device and bag valve mask device.
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction in victims of all ages.
- Use of an AED (automated external defibrillator).
- Coronary Artery Disease.
- Signs, Symptoms and management of Angina Pectoris, Heart Attack, Cardiac Arrest and Stroke.
- Practice and assessment scenarios.
- Demonstration of current pre-hospital care.
- To provide information about Heart disease, heart and lung function, risk factors, signs and symptoms foraction, prudent life choices, the chain of survival, and the warning signs and risk factors for stroke.
- To instruct candidates in adult 1/2 rescuer CPR, child CPR, Infant CPR and management of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction.
- To instruct in the use of barrier devices and airway adjuncts.
- To Instruct in the use of Automated External Defibrillators.
Course Aimed at:
- General Practitioners
- Junior Doctors
- Practice Nurses
- Paramedic and Ambulance Personnel
- Healthcare Support Workers.
Certification: The Course is delivered in accordance with the American Heart Association and the Irish Heart Foundationguidelines. A Certificate of attendance and an Irish Heart Foundation Course Completion Card will be issued to all participants.
Find Out More