Saturday October 21st 2023
Mullingar Park Hotel , Dublin Road, Mullingar, Co Westmeath
(Charity Black Tie Gala Evening)
We will be donating the full price of each ticket sold to i4Life through our webstore.
Who are i4Life?
i4Life is an Irish charity working in Zambia and Uganda among the most marginalised communities. Founded in 2009, when the initial volunteer group found its way to the Linda Compound in Lusaka, Zambia, they found a very high infant mortality rate of over 7% due to malnutrition. A population of 80,000 people live in Linda which is a very poor area with much deprivation and little employment. Food shortage and hunger are major issues. 50% of Zambia’s 12 million population live on less than $1.50 a day. In Linda, it’s even less than this for many.
The group has focused on a cascade model of sharing knowledge and expertise, has forged partnerships with national and international organisations and is a trusted partner in the provision of nutrition services. i4Life has now taken over the Primary Care Clinic in Linda and now offers all of the typical out-patient services for Epilepsy, HIV Aids, Cardiology, Diabetes etc. alongside the Nutrition Clinic which cares for babies born to mothers as young as 12.
The partnerships which i4Life has built include:
- MOH: The Zambian Ministry of Health recognises the work i4Life is doing and funds some of the medicines and staff working in the clinic
- Irish Aid: our Government overseas aid body part funds i4Life’s operation on the ground
- UNZA: Nutrition students at the University of Zambia are placed with i4Life in Linda as part of their studies
- US Aid: US Aid, the US Government overseas aid conduit has chosen i4Life as their service partner to work with two remote ethnic groups in Northern Zambia
- The most important partnership in i4Life is with the community itself. Recognising the power of having community buy-in led to the ground-breaking development of Community Healthcare Workers who live in the area. The CHWs meet all of the parents coming to the clinic, carry out assessments and conduct out-reach clinics to the community
Why have a ball and what will my contribution be used for?
i4Life is still a relatively small group but its success on the ground and the effectiveness of its service model has increased demand. Run entirely by volunteers with a very lean admin team, we need your support to fund the work we do for the most marginalised communities in the global south. For example:
- €25 can provide ingredients for a daily nutrition clinic for 150 children
- €50 can provide outreach clinics in the community for a month
- €100 can provide high energy protein supplements and oil for 150 children for a month
- €250 can provide ready to use food for 40 malnourished children for a month
How can I get tickets to The Neem Tree Charity Ball and what’s the cost?
Tickets are €110 each and tables of ten are €1,000.
The Mullingar Park Hotel are offering a special room rate of €85.
You can also contact us below
Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 086 0246749 / email@example.com
Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 01 4604820
What can I expect at the ball?
We are lining up a very entertaining night and we can host up to 500 people. We will have a drinks reception, a wonderful dinner menu, the fantastic Sax and The City Band, a DJ until the small hours and some surprises along the way. Comedian Karl Spain will be our MC and we’ll be holding an auction for some spectacular prizes and a raffle with even more great prizes.
We’re looking for sponsors so if you would like to support us, or know an organisation who would, please get in touch! Dinner, Entertainment & Wine sponsorships available. We’re looking for auction and raffle prizes also, if you can help.