3 Day Occupational First Aid
This course is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge and the practical skills to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness with the workplace. It also aims to give the understanding required to comply with the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work regulations.
- The role of an Occupational First Aid person including legal requirements
- Patient assessment
- Respiratory system and emergencies
- Chain of Survival / Cardiac First Response including Defibrillator training
- Fast assessment of Stroke
- Aspirin Administration for stroke victims
- Dealing with wounds and blood injuries
- Treating shock and loss of consciousness
- Dealing with breaks, sprains and dislocations
- Treating burns and scalds
- Medical emergencies
- To understand the responsibilities of the Occupational First Aider
- To provide first response treatment until the arrival of medical Assistance
- To treat minor work place injuries which do not need medical intervention
- To understand the health and safety legislation of the first aid provisions within the workplace
Course Aimed at:
This course is aimed at any individual who wishes to be trained and certified in Occupational First Aid.
Participants complete both a theoretical exam and skills assessment on completion of the course modules.
All successful candidates will be awarded a FETAC level 5 OFA certificate which is valid for 2 years.
Upcoming Event Dates:
Find Out More