Occupational First Aid Refresher course
This Occupational First Aid Refresher course is for qualified OFA personnel whose certificate is still in date. As required by The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 (S.I. No. 299 of 2007)
- The role of the Occupational First Aider including legal requirements
- Patient assessment
- Respiratory system and emergencies
- Chain of Survival / Cardiac First Response including Defibrillator training
- Fast assessment of Stroke
- Aspirin Administration for stroke victims
- Dealing with wounds and blood injuries
- Treating shock and loss of consciousness
- Dealing with breaks, sprains and dislocations
- Treating burns and scalds
- Medical emergencies
- To understand the responsibilities of the Occupational First Aider
- To provide first response treatment until the arrival of medical Assistance
- To treat minor work place injuries which do not need medical intervention
- To understand the health and safety legislation of the first aid provisions within the workplace
Course Aimed at:
Occupational First Aid Refresher course is aimed at any individual who wishes torefresh their in- date certificate as an Occupational First Aider.
Participants complete both a theoretical exam and skills assessment on completion of the course modules.
All successful candidates will be awarded an extension of 1 year to their current Hibernian Healthcare OFA certificate.
Upcoming Event Dates: