4 hours approximately.
AED stands for Automated External Defibrillator. This AED training course is designed for lay first responders. No previous first aid or medical knowledge is required for this course, to learn how to use a Defibrillator in Ireland.
• The basics of CPR for Adults and Children
• Compressions / Breaths
• Ventilation with a Barrier Device (face mask)
• Use of an AED
• Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Choking)
• To ensure the candidate has the appropriate skills to provide adequate first response care to the patient
• To instil confidence in the candidate to deal with emergencies and cardiac arrests
• To instruct in the use of Automated External Defibrillators or AED
• To instruct candidates in Adult and Child CPR
This course is aimed at lay persons who wish to have a basic understanding of, and be competent in, the use of AED equipment and CPR. Anyone interested in learning how to use CPR or a Defibrillator in Ireland.
The course is delivered in accordance with the Irish Heart Foundation (IHF) and the American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines. An IHF certificate valid for 2 years will be issued on successful completion.
If you wish to purchase training or an AED & training please click the button Store